AL-SUNAN.org
محاضرة علمية New [ البدعة في الدعاء والذكر ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة علمية New [ Fromكرات إجازة الصيف ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة New [ زيغ القلوب ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة [ المرء على دين خليله ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة [ الصحة والفراغ ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [صNotة الكسوف] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [وَعَلَى اللّهِ فَتَوَكَّلُواْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِين] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [مسؤولية الأمة في حفظ الأFrom ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة Fromهجية قيمة [ الإنكار على القصاصين ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة قيمة [تأديب الأبناء عند السلف] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة قيمة [Not يضركم From ضل إذا اهتديDone] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] News

العودة   AL-SUNAN.org > Other Languages Than Arabic > English-Language Forum > Affairs of Tawheed, Aqidah & Manhaj

Last Posts سؤال في كل ما يتعلق بالحجر الأسود From أحكام؟؟!! (الكاتـب : ناصر الهيفاني - Last Post : أم سمية - )           »          حكم التغني والترتيل لدعاء القنوت في رمضان والنوازل للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله (الكاتـب : أم سمية - )           »          📮 Notيمكن الإجDoneاع إNot بالسمع والطاعة لولي الأمر [ ٣٤ ] (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 ما معنى قول شيخنا في رده على أشباه الحدادية الغNotة في التبديع قوله ( إعتبارات في ا (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 Post From يتهم علماء ومشايخ السنة السلفيين بUn الوضوح في الFromهج وأن From الFromهج ا (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 إحذر أن تغضب غضب الخوارج بإثارة مسألة الإنكار العلني على الحكام [ ٣١ ] . (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 From قوي توحيده ترك التعصّب للرجال [ ٣٠ ] . (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 كيف يبدأ مشوار التعصب للأشخاص [ ٢٩ ] (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          الترجيح بدون مرجح ممتنع (الكاتـب : أبو عمير ياسر الصيفي - )

Post رد

Tools Thread Searching Thread Rating Thread Types Showing Thread
قديم 03-06-2010, 02:44PM
Omm Abdullah Assuneyya
member غير مشارك

افتراضي Saleh-Al-AlShaykh on Praying for the Absolute Destruction of Jews & Christians

āliĀli-Shaykh on Praying for the Absolute Destruction of Jews & Christians

Translator: Harrison

āliĀli-Shaykh on Praying for the Absolute
Destruction of Jews & Christians

Question:

We have read a verdict from you published in “al-Da’wah” magazine that one should not pray for the overall destruction of Jews and Christians. Hearing this, we were confused by the seemingly contrasting supplication of prophet Nūh (Noah, peace be upon him ). We hope you will explain this verdict of yours with the evidence.

Answer:

This is similar to the question that was asked when I visited al-Da’wah Publications that publishes “al-Da’wah” magazine. I have mentioned many times in the past that doing such a thing is not in accordance with the fundamentals of our belief and creed. The supplication for the overall destruction of nonbelievers was specific to prophet Nūh (Noah, peace be upon him ). The messengers after him did not pray inclusively for absolute destruction of all nonbelievers. Allah (The Almighty ) said

﴿وَقَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ لَا تَذَرْ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا﴾

And Nūh said, “My Lord, do not leave upon the earth a single one of the disbelievers.”

[Sūrah Nūh, 71:26]

Yet, an angel said to prophet Muhammad ( sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) (after being rejected and persecuted by his people), “If you want, I will crush the two mountains upon the people of Makkah.” The prophet ( sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) replied saying

بَلْ أَرْجُو أَنْ يُخْرِجَ اللهُ مِنْ أَصْلَابِهِمْ مَنْ يَعْبُدُ اللهَ وَ لَا يُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا

No, I hope Allah will bring out from their progeny people who’ll worship Allah alone ascribing no partner to Him.”

The prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) also once condemned some of the foremost and harshestof the leaders of disbelief, so the following verse was revealed to him, as is mentioned in“Kitāb al-Tawīd”, Allah revealed

﴿لَيْسَ لَكَ مِنَ الْأَمْرِ شَيْءٌ أَوْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَوْ يُعَذِّبَهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ ظَالِمُونَ﴾

You have nothing to do with the decision, whether He pardons them or punishes them. Indeed, they are the transgressors.

[Sūrah Āli-‘Imrān, 3:128]

The guidance of the prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) and his companions regarding their supplications against nonbelievers is that they would only pray specifically against the transgressors and unjust among them, the oppressors, or those who openly wage war against Islam and its people. This is also illustrated in the supplication of ‘Umar when he was in prayer

Oh Allah, deal with the disbelievers from the People of the Book that hinder others from Your religion and that fight Your righteous servants.”

As for praying against all Jews and Christians for their overall extermination, this is notpermissible in Islam. It is a form of going to extremes in supplication. This is becauseAllah has already informed us that the Jews and Christians will remain until theappearance of the Anti-Christ (al-Masīḥ al-Dajjāl) towards the end of time. So, if someoneprays to Allah for Him to remove all of them now before the Anti-Christ appears, then thisis a contradiction and a form of objection to what Allah has already decreed with Hiswisdom and capability in that He will make them remain until the end of time. For this, ithas never been narrated from anyone of the Salaf, or from the major scholars of Islamthat they supplicated with an overall prayer against the Jews and Christians. Instead,they would supplicate with a specific prayer only against those who fight, wage war, orharm the believers____________________
This fatwá was taken from a book called “al-Fatāwá al-Shar’iyyah fī al-Qadhāyá Al-‘Asriyyah,” a

collection of various rulings by Muhammad Ibn Fahd al-usayn.

Recorded by al-Bukhārī (no. 3231) and Muslim (1795) from the adīth of ‘Āishah, may Allah be
pleased with her.
Taken from the cassette: Asbāb al-Thabāt ‘alá al-Dīn

source :

Last edited Done By ABU-HAMZA ; 17-06-2010 at 03:02PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 16-06-2010, 03:34PM
Omm Abdullah Assuneyya
member غير مشارك

byan

assalam alaykoum wa rahmat Allah wa barakétouh

Please check this link, you will find the proof that the People who were meant in “If you want, I will crush the two mountains upon the people of Ta'if.” are of Makkah and not of Ta'if

Baraka Allah fikoum

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2010, 06:30AM
Omm AL-Homayra'a Omm AL-Homayra'a غير متواجد حالياً
مشرفة - وفقها الله -

Registration Date: Jan 2010
افتراضي

wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah
baraka Allahu fiki
« العلم شيء بعيد المرام، Not يُصاد بالسهام، وNot يُقسم بالأزNotم، وNot يُرى في الFromام، وNot يُضبط باللجام، وNot يُكتب للثام، وNot يورث عن الآباء والأعمام وزرع Not يزكو إNot متى صادف From الحزم ثرى طيبا، وFrom التوفيق مطرا صيبا، وFrom الطبع جوا صافيا، وFrom الجهد روحا دائما، وFrom الصبر سقيا نافعا وغرض Not يصاب إNot بافتراش المدر، واستناد الحجر، وردّ الضجر، وركوب الخطر، وإدمان السهر، واصطحاب السفر، وكثرة النظر، وإعمال الفكر»

[«جواهر الأدب» للهاشمي (194)]

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2010, 08:48AM
ABU-HAMZA
member غير مشارك

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت By أم عبد الله التونسية مشاهدة المشاركة
assalam alaykoum wa rahmat Allah wa barakétouh

Please check this link, you will find the proof that the People who were meant in “If you want, I will crush the two mountains upon the people of Ta'if.” are of Makkah and not of Ta'if

Baraka Allah fikoum

I believe you're right, and I read in Fathul Bari that the two mountains mentioned in the Hadeeth are Makkah mountains and Ibn Hajar named them : one is called (Abu-Qubais) and the other is either (Qua'iqia'an) or (Aljabal Alahmar i.e The Red Mountain).
and Allah knows best.
jazakum Allah Khairan for the new fa'idah.
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2010, 01:49PM
Omm Abdullah Assuneyya
member غير مشارك

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت By ABU-HAMZA السلفي مشاهدة المشاركة
one is called (Abu-Qubais) and the other is either (Qua'iqia'an) or (Aljabal Alahmar i.e The Red Mountain).

Salam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa baraketuh

it is not "either/or", but "and"... the other mountain is called (Qua'iyqi'an) and also can be called (The Red Mountain); and I remember this so clearly because it was mentioned in Ali Ben Yahiya Hedady's lecture about "aseera anabawiya". He said, and I quote from lesson n°2:

"ثمّ إنّ الله -عَزَّ وَجَلّ- أرسل إليه مَلَكَ الجبال يستأذنه بأن يُطبِقَ عليهم الأخْشَبَين -والأخشبان جبNotن بمكّة يكتنفان البيت, أحدهما يُقال له أبو قُبيس والLast يُقال له قُعَيْقِعَان، ويُقال الجبل الأحمر- فأبى النبيّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ذلك و قال ((بَلْ أَسْتَأْني بهِم)) يعني أنتظر ((لَعَلَّ الله أَنْ يُخْرِجَ مِنْ أَصْNotَبهِم مَنْ يَعْبُدُ الله وَNotَ يُشرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا))"

and now since this misunderstanding is clear, alhamdulillah, can anyone correct the original text please

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت By أم عبد الله التونسية مشاهدة المشاركة

“If you want, I will crush the two mountains upon the people of Ta'if.”

and Baraka Allah fikoum

Salam Alaykum wa Rahmat Allah wa Baraketuh
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2010, 03:00PM
ABU-HAMZA
member غير مشارك

افتراضي

Apparently they are two different mountains, I mean (Qua'ayqi'an) and (The Red mountain) …

AlQadi Iadh said In his book (mashariq Alanwar 1/57) :
....جبNot مكة أحدهما أبو قبيس والLast الجبل الأحمر المشرف على قعيقعان...
(… one of them is Abu-Qubais and the other is The Red Mountain which looks onto (or faces) Qua'ayqi'an …)

Also Al-Hafith Ibn Hajar in Fathul-Bari narrated the same thing from Al-Saghani..

قَوْلُهُ : ( الْأَخْشَبَيْنِ ) بِالْمُعْجَمَتَيْنِ هُمَا جَبَلَا مَكَّة أَبُو قُبَيْسٍ وَالَّذِي يُقَابِلهُ وَكَأَنَّهُ قُعَيْقِعَان ، وَمَالَ الصَّغَانِيّ بَلْ هُوَ الْجَبَل الْأَحْمَر الَّذِي يُشْرِف عَلَى قُعَيْقِعَان
Open الباري(6/316)

And Allah knows best.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2010, 03:17PM
Omm Abdullah Assuneyya
member غير مشارك

افتراضي

i didn't know this before, i always thought they are the same.
i am reading about it now
Baraka Allah fikoum for this new information
رد مع اقتباس
Post رد