Showing ãÔÇÑßÉ æÇÍÏÉ
ÞÏíã 07-03-2011, 10:36PM
Umm Mohammad Umm Mohammad ÛíÑ ãÊæÇÌÏ ÍÇáíÇð
member ãÔÇÑßÉ - æÝÞåÇ Çááå -

Registration Date: Feb 2010
ÇÝÊÑÇÖí The Fifth Right

The Right of Relatives

All relatives, immediate or distant, enjoy certain rights upon believing Muslims. Each relative has a certain level of rights according to the Islamic teachings. Such levels are hinged upon close relationships of the individual, as it is set forth by Allah, the Almighty, and Allah’s Apostle, Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam. Sound social ties and fruitful relationships are extremely valuable in the sight of Allah, the Almighty. It is, therefore, important to study such ties from an Islamic perspective, observe them and maintain sound and cultivated relationships which led to a better society, close relationships, more harmonious community and a better environment. Allah, the Almighty, stated in the glorious Quran: “And render to the kindred their due rights” 17:26. He, Allah, the Almighty also stated in the glorious Quran: “Serve God, and join not any partners with Him; and do well to parents, kinsfolk.” 4:36

It is required by every Muslim individual , male and female , young or adult , poor or rich , close or distant to be good to their relatives in every possible way by every affordable means whether physical , mental , spiritual , moral or financial. The amount of support is proportional to the status or level of the relationship of the relative, and is evaluated based on the need of such relative. This matter that has its own merits based on religious teachings, moral obligations, mental judgment and pure innate requirements and obligations. This, on the other hand reflects to what extent Islam agrees with the pure, innate and natural demands of man on the faces of this earth.

Believing Muslim individuals who are committed to Islam and its sound, pure and accurate teachings are urged time and time again, and constantly reminded with the value of such noble deed to a relative. Many statements support this fact from both the glorious Quran and the Sunah of the prophet of Islam Mohammed bin Abdullah, Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam, as we will illustrate in the following paragraph.

Abu Hurayrah, Radhi Allahu Anhu narrated of Allah’s Apostle, Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam: “Allah, the Almighty created all creations. Upon finishing his creations, the womb stood up and said: “O Allah! this the place of one who seeks refuge with You from boycott and being banned or ex communicated “, Allah, the Almighty, said: “Yes indeed. Do not accept that I (myself) will befriend whoever befriends you (the womb, or rather the relatives generated and tied together due to the ties and relationships of the womb). And I shall discontinue My relations and ban who ban you?! “The womb said: “I accept “. Allah, the Almighty, said: “I assure this for you”. Then Allah’s Apostle, Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam said: “Read if you wish the revelation of the glorious Quran:

“Then, is it to be expected of you, if ye were put in authority, that ye will do mischief in the land, and break your ties of kith and kin? Such are the men whom God has cursed for He Has made them deaf and blinded their sight”. 47: 22-23

This Hadith is reported by both Bukhari and Muslim.

Allah’s Apostle, Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam also is reported to say: “He/She who believes in Allah, the Almighty and Day of Judgment must communicate, be good, courteous and kind to his kith and kin or relatives.”

This Hadith is reported by both Bukhari and Muslim.

It is unfortunate to notice that many people neglect such important social rights and religious obligations. Many Muslims, unfortunately do not care to be kind to their relatives neither financially, if they are rich and their relatives are poor and needy, or by social relations or even any help that they may be able to render t no cost. At times you may find a person, on the contrary, being harsh, mean, irrespective, jealous or miserly to his own relatives, while being the opposite towards other who are distant. Some people , unfortunately , do not even visit their relatives , offer them occasional gifts and presents , look after them when in need, help them or even extend a helping hand if really in desperate need or help.

On the other hand, there are other kinds of people who establish good relationships with their relives only for the sake of relationships, not for the cause of Allah, the Almighty. Such a person in reality is not doing what he is doing for the fulfillment of the commands of Allah, the Almighty, but is paying back those relatives what was paid to him in advance. Such an act is applicable to relatives, friends, and distant people. A true good person is the one who establish good rapport with his relatives for the noble causes of the pleasure of Allah, the Almighty, only , and hoping to improve his ties with Him, the Almighty regardless if they did the same with or not.

Bukhari reported of Abdullah bin ‘Amr nin al-‘Anas, Radhi Allahu Anhu, companion of Allah’s Apostle , Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam who said: “ A person who is good to his relative is not person who rewards them , or repays them equally for what they do to him. A good person is the one who does good to his relatives even if they do not do that to him.

Visit them even if they do not visit him, give them even if they do not give him, and so forth.” “ A man asked Allah’s Apostle , Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam,” O prophet of Allah I have some relatives whom I visit , be kind to and give whatever I can , but they do the opposite to me, I try to be extremely patient with them regardless of the hams , inconsiderateness and troubles they cause to me. What should I do in such case? Allah’s apostle, Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam said: “if you are truly what describe, then you are as if you let them eat ashes (as result of their own ding) so long you continue to do good to them. Yet, Allah, the almighty, continues to support you, aid you and help you over them as long as you continue being good to them.”

It is a real pleasure that one gains from being good and kind to his relatives at large. If they only thing man gets from such a noble social act are the pleasure of Allah, the Almighty, it suffices man in his life. But, it is most likely that man will get tremendous benefits from fulfilling commands of Allah, the Almighty, in his life. One definitely grows socially, matures ethically and feels at ease and peace with himself and with community around him.

Man is week without the support of his immediate family members or the moral support of his extended family members. Islam agrees with the norms of life. It coincides with the basic requirements of man in his social life. Establishing such rights by Allah, the Almighty, to govern the Islamic life and society is but a blessing of Allah, the Almighty to man all over world. Such relationships will produce close –knit society, better relations amongst the various individuals and components of various units of society

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 07-03-2011 at 10:38PM
ÑÏ ãÚ ÇÞÊÈÇÓ