AL-SUNAN.org
محاضرة علمية New [ البدعة في الدعاء والذكر ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة علمية New [ Fromكرات إجازة الصيف ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة New [ زيغ القلوب ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة [ المرء على دين خليله ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة جمعة [ الصحة والفراغ ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [صNotة الكسوف] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [وَعَلَى اللّهِ فَتَوَكَّلُواْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِين] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: تفريغ [مسؤولية الأمة في حفظ الأFrom ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة Fromهجية قيمة [ الإنكار على القصاصين ] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: محاضرة قيمة [تأديب الأبناء عند السلف] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] :: خطبة قيمة [Not يضركم From ضل إذا اهتديDone] للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله [انقر هنا] News

العودة   AL-SUNAN.org > Other Languages Than Arabic > English-Language Forum > Affairs of Tawheed, Aqidah & Manhaj

Last Posts سؤال في كل ما يتعلق بالحجر الأسود From أحكام؟؟!! (الكاتـب : ناصر الهيفاني - Last Post : أم سمية - )           »          حكم التغني والترتيل لدعاء القنوت في رمضان والنوازل للشيخ ماهر القحطاني حفظه الله (الكاتـب : أم سمية - )           »          📮 Notيمكن الإجDoneاع إNot بالسمع والطاعة لولي الأمر [ ٣٤ ] (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 ما معنى قول شيخنا في رده على أشباه الحدادية الغNotة في التبديع قوله ( إعتبارات في ا (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 Post From يتهم علماء ومشايخ السنة السلفيين بUn الوضوح في الFromهج وأن From الFromهج ا (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 إحذر أن تغضب غضب الخوارج بإثارة مسألة الإنكار العلني على الحكام [ ٣١ ] . (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 From قوي توحيده ترك التعصّب للرجال [ ٣٠ ] . (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          📕 كيف يبدأ مشوار التعصب للأشخاص [ ٢٩ ] (الكاتـب : أبوأيFrom الجguestsي - )           »          الترجيح بدون مرجح ممتنع (الكاتـب : أبو عمير ياسر الصيفي - )

Post رد

Tools Thread Searching Thread Rating: Rating Thread: 11 تصويتات, المعدل 5.00. Types Showing Thread
قديم 30-03-2011, 06:09PM
Umm Mohammad Umm Mohammad غير متواجد حالياً
member مشاركة - وفقها الله -

Registration Date: Feb 2010
افتراضي Kitaab Sharh us-Sunnah

by Al-Barbahaaree
Trans. Abu Talhah Dawud Burbank

1: The Sunnah is Islaam and Islaam is the Sunnah

Imaam al-Barbahaari (rahimahullaah) said

All praise is for Allaah who guided us to Islaam and blessed us with it and placed us in the best nation, so we ask Him to grant us that we keep to that which He loves and is pleased with and avoid that which He hates and which angers Him

Know that Islam is the Sunnah, and the Sunnah is Islam [1] and one of them cannot be established without the other

NOTES

1. The Prophet said, "He who turns away from my Sunnah is not from me." Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 7/1-2/no.l), Muslim - Eng. Trans. 2/703/n0.3236) and an-Nasaa'ee

Abu Hurairah said that Allaah's Messenger said, "All of my Ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse." It was said, "Who will refuse?" He replied. "Whoever obeys me enters Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused." Reported by al-Bukhaaree - Eng. trans. 9/284/n0.384

Imaam az-Zuhree (the famous taabi'ee, d.124H) said, "The people of knowledge who came before us used to say, 'Salvation lies in clinging to the Sunnah.'" Reported by ad-Daarimee in his Sunan - no.96

Imaam Maalik said, "The Sunnah is like the Ark of Noah. Whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned." Quoted by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah in Majmoo' ul-fataawaa - 4/57

From the Sunnah is Clinging to the Jamaa'ah :2

From the Sunnah is clinging to the Jamaa'ah. [1] Whoever desires other than the Jamaa'ah and departs from it then he has thrown off the yoke of Islaam from his neck and he is astray, leading others
astray. 2

NOTES

1. 'Umar, radiallaahu' anhu reports that the Prophet said, "Stick to the Jamaa'ah and beware of splitting, for Shaitaan is found along with the single person but is further from two. Whoever desires the centre of Paradise then let him stick to the Jamaa'ah. He whose good deed pleases him and his evil deed causes him to feel bad then he is a believer." Reported by Ahmad (1/18), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2165) al-Haakim (1/114) and is declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah - no. 1116

Anas, radiallaahu 'anhu, reports that the Prophet said, "Indeed the Children of Israa'eel divided into seventy one sects and my Ummah will divide into seventy two sects, all of them will be in the fire except one and that is the Jamaa'ah." Reported by Ibn Maajah (no. 3993) and declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee

2. Alluding to the hadith of Ibn 'Abbaas, radiallaahu 'anhummaa, who said: Allaah's Messenger said, "He who sees from his ruler something he dislikes, let him be patient with him, for he who splits away from the Jamaa'ah by a hand span and then dies, dies a death of Jaahiliyyah" and in a narration, "then he has thrown off the yoke of Islaam from his neck." Reported by al-Bukhaaree (trans. 9/145), Muslim and Ahmad and the other narration by at-Tirmidhee (no. 2867) and Ahmad (4/130). Refer to Sharh ul-'Aqeedat-Tahaawiyyah (379-382), checked by Shaikh Naasir ud-deen al-Albaanee

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 30-03-2011 at 06:15PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 31-03-2011, 06:06PM

3: The Companions Are The Foundation of the Jamaa'ah

The foundation upon which the Jamaa'ah is built is the Companions of Muhammad May Allaah's Mercy be upon them all. They are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, [1] so whoever does not take from them has gone astray and innovated [2] and every innovation is misguidance, and misguidance and its People are in the Fire. 3

NOTES

1. As is shown by the hadeeth of at-Tirmidhee (no. 2641): 'Abdullaah ibn 'Amr said: The Messenger of Allaah said, "What happened to the Children of lsraa'eel will happen with my Ummah, just as one shoe resembles the other, to the point that if one of them had intercourse with his mother openly, there would be someone who did that in my Ummah. The Children of Israa'eel split into seventy two sects and my Ummah will split into seventy three sects, all of which are in the Fire except one sect." They asked, "Which is that one, 0 Messenger of Allaah?" He replied, "That which I and my Companions are upon." Declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee

2. It is authentically reported that Allaah's Messenger said, "Stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs after me, cling to that with your molar teeth and beware of new matters, for every innovation is misguidance." Reported by Ahmad, Abu Daawood (Eng. trans. 3/1294/no.4590), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676), Ibn Maajah (no. 42), ad-Daarimee (no. 96) and Ibn Abee 'Aasim in as-Sunnah (no. 54). Shaikh al-Albaanee declares, "Its isnaad is saheeh, its narrators reliable

Jaabir, radiallaahu'anhu, reports that the Prophet would say in his khutbah, "... The most truthful speech is the Book of Allaah. The best way is the way of Muhammad. The worst of affairs are the novelties and every novelty is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in the Fire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (3/188). It is declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan in-Nasaa'ee - no. 1487

Abu Shaamah (d.665H) said, "The order to stick to the Jamaa'ah means sticking to the truth and its followers; even if those who stick to the truth are few and those who oppose it are many; since the truth is that which the first Jamaa'ah from the time of the Prophet and his Companions, radiallaahu 'anhum, were upon. No attention is given to the great number of the people of futility coming after them." - Al-Baa'ith 'alal-Bida'h wal-Huwaadith, p.l9

4: All The Affairs Have Been Made Clear By the Sunnah and Jamaa'ah

Umar ibn al-Khattaab, rahimahullaah, said, "There is no excuse for anyone going astray thinking that he is upon guidance. Nor for abandoning guidance thinking it to be misguidance, since the affairs have been made clear, the proof established [1] and the excuse cut off." [2] That is because the Sunnah and the Jamaa'ah have consolidated and safeguarded all of the Religion. It has been made clear to the people, so it is upon the people to comply and follow. - 3

NOTES

1. Al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah, radiallaahu'anhu, reports that the Prophet said, ".... I have left you upon clear guidance. Its night is like its day. No one deviates from it after me except that he is destroyed." Reported by Ahmad, Ibn Maajah (no. 43) and al-Haakim. It is declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 937).

2. Reported by Ibn Battah in, al-lbaantul-Kubraa (no. 162) by way of Awzaa'ee that it reached him that 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab said it. However, its chain is munqati' - disconnected

Al-Marwazee reports in as-Sunnah (no. 95) that 'Umar ibn 'Abd Allah-'Azeez said, "There is no excuse for anyone, after the Sunnah, to be misguided upon error which he thought was guidance

3.'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood radiallaahu 'anhu, said, "Follow and do not innovate, for you have been given that which is sufficient and every innovation is misguidance." Reported by Abu Khaithamah in Kitaab Ul-'Ilm (no. 540) and declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 31-03-2011 at 06:14PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 01-04-2011, 07:56PM

5: Adhering to the Understanding of the Companions

May Allaah have mercy upon you. Know that the Religion is what came from Allaah, the Blessed and Most High. It is not something left to the intellect and opinions of men. Knowledge it is what comes from Allaah and His Messenger, so do not follow anything based upon your desires and so deviate away from the Religion and leave Islaam. There will be no excuse for you since Allaah's Messenger explained the Sunnah to his Ummah and made it clear to his Companions and they are the Jamaa'ah, and they are the Main Body (as-Sawaad ul-A'dham), and the Main Body is the truth and its followers. 1

So he who contradicts the Companions of Allaah's Messenger sallallahu alaihi wasallam in any of the affairs of the Religion, then he has fallen into disbelief. 2

NOTES

1. lmaam Ahmad reports in his Musnad (4/278) with hasan isnaad narration of Nu'maan ibn Basheer: Abu Umaamah al-Baahilee, radiallaahu 'anhu, said, "Stick to the main body (as-Sawaadul - a'dham), so a man said, "What is the 'Main Body'? So Abu Umaamah said, 'this Ayah (54) in Soorah an-Noor

"But if you turn away, he Muhammad is only responsible for the duty placed on him and you for that placed on you

Ibn Mas'ood, radiallahu 'anhu, said, "The Jamaa'ah is what conforms to the truth, even if you are alone." Reported by Ibn'Asaakir in Taareekh Dimashq with a saheeh isnaad as pointed out by Shaikh al-Albaanee in al-Mishkaat -1/61

2. Allaah, the Most High, did not only warn against opposing His Messenger sallallahu alaihi wasallam, but also warned against the following of any way other than that of the first Believers: the Companions, radiallaahu 'anhum, amongst whom the Qur'aan was sent down and who learned directly from the Messenger sallallahu alaihi wasallam. Allaah, the Most High says

If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him and follows a path other than that of the Believers (i.e. the Companions), We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Hell. What an evil refuge! (Surah an-Nisaa' (4):115

So he who totally abandons their way and instead follows the way of the devils, like the extreme Raafidess, Baatinees and the extreme Soofees who worship others besides Allaah, then he has left the religion

6:All Innovation (in the Religion) is Misguidance

Know that the people never introduce an innovation until they abandon its like from the Sunnah. [1] So, beware of newly invented matters, since every newly invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance and misguidance and its people are in the Fire

NOTES

1. Hassan ibn 'Atiyyah, rahimahullaah, said, "A people never introduce an innovation into their Religion except that Allaah takes away its like from their Sunnah and then does not restore it to them until the Day of Resurrection." Reported by ad-Daarimee and declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in al-Mishkaat - 1/66/no.188

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 01-04-2011 at 08:00PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 03-04-2011, 07:22PM

7: All Major Innovations and Deviations Begin Small and Insignificant

Beware of small innovations because they grow until they become large. 1

This is the case with every innovation introduced in this Ummah. It began as something small, bearing resemblance to the truth which is why those who entered it were mislead and then were unable to leave it. So it grew and became the religion which they followed and thus deviated from the Straight Path and left Islaam. 2

NOTES

1. A striking example of how small innovations lead a person into committing major innovations is found in the narration reported by ad-Daarimee in his Sunan - 1/79

'Amr ibn Salmah said: We used to sit by the door of 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ood before the Morning Prayer, so that when he came out we would walk with him to the mosque. (One day) Abu Moosaa al-Ash'aree came to us and said, "Has Abu 'Abd ar-Rahmaan comes out yet?" We replied, "No." So he sat down with us until he came out. When he came out, we all stood along with him, so Abu Moosaa said to him, "O Abu 'Abd ar-Rahmaan! I have just seen something in the mosque which I deemed to be evil, but all praise is for Allaah, I did not see anything except good." He enquired, "Then what is it?" (Abu Moosaa) replied, "If you live you will see it. I saw in the mosque people sitting in circles awaiting the Prayer. In each circle they had pebbles in their hands and a man would say 'repeat Allaahu Akbar a hundred times.' So they would repeat it a hundred times. Then he would say, 'say Laa ilaaha illallaah a hundred times.' So they would say it a hundred times. Then he would say, 'say Subhaanallaah a hundred times.' So they would say it a hundred times." (Ibn Mas'ood) asked, "What did you say to them?" (Abu Moosaa) said, "I did not say anything to them. Instead I waited to hear you view or what you declared." (Ibn Mas'ood) replied, "Would that you had ordered them to count up the evil deeds they acquired and assured them that their good deeds would not be lost!" Then we went along with him (Ibn Mas'ood) until he came to one of these circles and stood and said, "What is this which I see you doing?" They replied, "O Abu 'Abd ar-Rahmaan! These are pebbles upon which we are counting takbeer, tahleel and tasbeeh." He said, "Count up your evil deeds. I assure you that none of your good deeds will be lost. Woe to you, O Ummah of Muhammad (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)! How quickly you go to destruction! These are the Companions of your Prophet and who are widespread. There are his clothes which have not yet decayed and his bowl which is unbroken. By Him in Whose Hand is my soul! Either you are upon a Religion better guided than the Religion of Muhammad (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) or that you are opening the door of misguidance." They said, "O Abu 'Abd ar-Rahmaan! By Allaah, we only intended good." He said, "How many there are who intend good but do not achieve it. Indeed Allaah's Messenger said to us 'A people will recite the Qur'aan but it will not pass beyond their throats.' By Allah! I do not know, perhaps most of them are from you." Then he left them

Umar ibn Salmah (the sub-narrator) said: We saw most of those people fighting against us on the day of Nahrawaan, along with the Khawaarij

Authenticated by Sh. Saleem al-Hilaalee in al-Bid'ah - pp. 26-29

2. The scholars differentiate between those innovations which take a person outside the fold of Islaam (al-Bid'atul-Mukaffirah) and those which do not. So this is not to be understood unrestrictedly

8: Care With Respect to the Affairs of Knowledge and Religion

May Allaah have mercy upon you! Examine carefully the speech of everyone you hear from in your time particularly. So do not act in haste and do not enter into anything from it until you ask and see: Did any of the Companions of the Prophet (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) speak about it or any of the scholars? So if you find a narration from them about it, cling to it, do not go beyond it for anything [1] and do not give precedence to anything over it and thus fall into the Fire

NOTES

1. Imaam al-Awzaa'ee, rahimahullaah, said, "Knowledge is what comes from the Companions of Muhammad (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) and that which does not come from a single one of them is not knowledge". Refer to Jaami 'Bayaanil - 'Ilm of Ibn 'Abdul Barr - 2/36

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 06-04-2011, 12:48PM

9: The Two Ways to Leave the Straight Path

Know that leaving the correct path occurs in two ways. Firstly: that a man strays from the correct path intending nothing but good, so his error is not to be followed since it leads to destruction. (Secondly), a man who deliberately opposes the truth and acts contrary to the Pious ones who came before him, he is astray, leading others astray, a rebellious devil within the Ummah. It is a duty upon those who know of him to warn the people against him and to explain his condition to them so that no one falls into his innovation and is destroyed

10: Islam is Complete and Requires Only Submission

May Allah have mercy upon you! Know that a servant's Islaam is not complete until he follows, attests to and submits to (the truth). So anyone who claims that there remains anything from Islaam not sufficiently explained by the Companions of Allaah's Messenger, has falsely accused them, has split from them and spoken ill of them. He is an innovator, astray and leading others astray, introducing into Islaam that which is not from it. 1

NOTES

1. Ibn Mas'ood, radiallaahu 'anhu, described the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) saying, "Allaah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) to be the best of hearts, so He chose him for Himself and sent with him His Revelation, then He looked into the hearts of the servants after the heart of Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants, so He made them the helpers of His Prophet, fighting for His Religion. So that which the Muslims hold to be good is good with Allaah and that which they hold to be bad is bad with Allaah." Reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad (1/379) and declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee in ad-Da'eefah - 2/17

11: There Are No Analogies For The Sunnah

May Allaah have mercy upon you! Know that the Sunnah is not a matter for analogies or reasoning with examples, and desires are not to be followed in it. Rather, it is just a case of affirming the narrations from Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam), without asking how, explaining or saying: 'Why?' or 'How

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 15-04-2011, 12:18PM

12: Censure of Debating and Arguing

Debating, arguing and disputing are innovations which throw doubt into the heart, even if the person reaches the truth and the Sunnah. 1

NOTES

1. Allaah, the Most High says

None dispute about the signs of Allaah, except those who disbelieve." - Soorah Ghaafir 40:4

At-Tirmidhee reports a hasan hadeeth from Abu Umaamah, who said: "Allaah's Messenger (saws) said, "A people never went astray after being upon guidance except through disputation." Then Allaah's Messenger (saws) recited this Ayah

"This they set forth to you, only by way of argument. Nay, but they are a contentious people." - Soorah az-Zukhruf 43:58

Al-Aajurree reports in ash-Sharee'ah (p.57) that a man came to al-Hasan (al-Basree) and said, "O Abu Sa'eed! Let me debate with you about the Religion." Al-Hasan replied, "As for me, I know my religion, If you have lost your Religion then go and look for it

'Umar ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez, rahimahullaah, said, "He who allows his Religion to be open to disputing will frequently change over." See Jaami' Bayaanil 'Ilm - 2/113

13: Speculative Speech About Allaah Is A Heretical Innovation

May Allaah have mercy upon you! Know that speculative speech about the Lord, the Most High, is a newly invented matter and is an innovation and misguidance. Nothing is to be said about the Lord except what He, the Mighty and Majestic, described Himself with in the Qur'aan and what the Messenger of Allaah (saws) explained to his Companions. So, He, the Mighty, is One

There is nothing like Him and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing". 1

NOTES

1.Soorah ash-Shoora (42):11

Allaah is The First and the Last And His Knowledge Encompasses Everything: 14

Our Lord is the First without any 'when' and the Last without any end. He knows what is secret and what is more hidden. He ascended over His 'Arsh (Throne) and His knowledge is in every place and no place is free of His knowledge

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 15-04-2011 at 12:22PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 19-04-2011, 06:51PM

15: Concerning The Speech of Allaah And Questioning the Attributes

No one says about the attributes of the Lord, the Most High, 'Why?' except one who doubts about Allaah, the Blessed and Most High. The Qur'aan is the Speech of Allaah, His Revelation and Light. It is not created, since the Qur'aan is from Allaah and that which is from Allaah is not created. This was what Maalik ibn Anas, Ahmad ibn Hanbal and the Scholars before and after them said and debating about it is disbelief.1

NOTES

1. The Qur'aan is the Speech of Allaah, hence it is an attribute of Allaah. All of Allaah's attributes have been with Him eternally. Imaam Maalik said, "The Qur'aan is the speech of Allaah. It is not created." Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl is-Sunnah - no.414

Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal was asked about the one who says that the Qur'aan was created, so he said, "(He is) a disbeliever." Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl is-Sunnah - no.449

16: Seeing Allaah In The Hereafter

To have Faith in seeing Allaah on the Day of Resurrection. They will see Allaah with the eyes of their heads [1]. He will take account of them without anyone acting on His behalf or any interpreter. 2

NOTES

1. Allaah says

Some faces that Day shall be shining and radiant. Looking at their Lord". (Soorah al-Qiyaamah 75:22-23) Shuaib reports that Allaah's Messenger (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, "When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allaah, the Blessed and Most High, will say 'Do you wish for anything extra that I may give you?' They will say 'Have You not brightened our faces? Have You not entered us into Paradise and saved us from the Fire?' So He will remove the screen and they will not have been given anything more beloved to them as looking at their Lord, the Mighty and Majestic." Reported by Muslim - Eng. trans. 1/114/no. 347) and others

Hanbal said: I spoke to Abu 'Abdullaah, meaning Ahmad (ibn Hanbal) about seeing Allaah (ar-Ru'yah). He said, "They are authentic ahaadeeth. We have Faith (Eemaan) in them and affirm it. We have Faith in and affirm everything reported from the Prophet (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) with good chains of narration."Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl is-Sunnah - no.889

2. 'Adiyy ibn Haatim reports that the Prophet (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, "There is not one of you except that Allaah will speak to him on the Day of Resurrection, there being no interpreter between Him and him." Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 8/358/no.547), Ahmad and at-Tirmidhee

17: Belief In The Scales (Meezaan)

To believe in the Balance (Meezaan) on the Day of Resurrection, upon which good and evil will be weighed. It has two scales and a tongue. 1

NOTES

1. Allaah, the Most High, says

As for him whose balance (of good deeds) will be heavy, he will live a pleasant life (in Paradise). But, as for him whose balance (of good deeds) will be light, he will have his home in a pit (i.e. Hell)". (Soorah al-Qaari'ah 101:6-7) Abu Hurairah, radiallaahu 'anhu, reports that Allaah's Messenger (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, "Two words are most beloved to the Most Merciful, light upon the tongue and heavy upon the Balance: Subhaanallahi wa bihamdihi and Subhaanallahil 'Adheem." Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 9/489-490/no.652

The 'Hadeeth of the Parchment': "Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al 'Aas said: I heard Allaah's Messenger (Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) say, "Allaah will take out a man from my Ummah before the creation on the Day of Resurrection and ninety-nine scrolls will be unrolled for him. Each one as long as the eye can see. Then He will say 'Do you deny any of this? Have my watchful scribes wronged you?' He will reply 'No, O my Lord!' So, He (Allaah) will say 'Do you have any excuse (or any good deed)? So he will reply 'No, O my Lord!' So, He (Allaah) will say 'Rather you do possess a good deed with Us and you will not be wronged this Day.' So a parchment is brought containing 'I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His Slave and Messenger.' So He (Allaah) will say 'Witness the weighing.' So he will reply 'O my Lord! What is this parchment compared to those great scrolls?' So He (Allaah) will say 'Indeed you will not be wronged.' So the scrolls will be placed on one scale and the parchment on the other scale. So the scrolls will be lighter and the parchment heavier. Nothing will outweigh the name of Allaah." Reported by Ahmad, at-Tirmidhee and Ibn Maajah. Shaikh al-Albaanee declared it saheeh in Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhee

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 19-04-2011 at 06:57PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 25-04-2011, 12:02PM

To have Faith in the punishment of the grave
: 18

To have faith in the punishment of the grave and Munkar and Nakeer -1

NOTES

1. To have Faith (Eemaan) in the punishment of the grave has the consensus (ijmaa’) of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah, as has been declared by Abul-Hasan al-Ash’aree (Risaalah ilaa Ahlith-Thaghr, p.279), being denied only by the Khawaarij and some of the Mu’tazilah

Allah, the Most High, says

In front of the Fire will they be brought, morning and evening, and on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels), ‘Cause Pharaoh’s people to enter the severest torment!’ Soorah Ghaafir (40): 46

Ibn Abbas said, “Allah’s Messenger passed by two graves and said, ‘Indeed, they are being punished, but they are not being punished for something major.’ Then he said, ‘Rather it is so: one of them did not protect himself from being soiled with his urine; the other used to go about telling stories (to cause enmity)....’ ” Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 1/141/no.215), Ahmad and the compilers of the four Sunan

Abu Hurairah reports that Allah’s Messenger said, “When the deceased (or ‘one of you’) is put in the grave, two black angels having blue eyes come to him. One of them is called al-Munkar and the other an-Nakeer and they will say.....” Reported by at-Tirmidhee and declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee in Saheeh al-Jaam’i.

There are many ahaadeeth concerning the punishment of the grave. Al-Baihaqee wrote a whole treatise entitled Ithbaat ‘Adhaab al-Qabr, consisting of some 240 narrations

Imam ash-Shaafi’ee (d.204H) said, “The punishment of the grave is true, the questioning of those in the graves is true, the Resurrection is true, the Day of Judgement is true, and Paradise and the Fire are true. Whatever else is reported in the Sunnah and so mentioned by the scholars and their followers throughout the lands of the Muslims are true.” Reported by al-Baihaqee in Manaaqib ash-Shaafi’ee - 1/415

Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d.241H) said, “The principles of the Sunnah according to us are: to cling to that which the Companions of Allah’s Messenger were upon and to follow them...to have Faith in the punishment of the grave and that this Ummah will be tested in their graves and asked about Faith and Islaam, who is his Lord and who is his Prophet. Munkar and Nakeer will come to him as Allah wills and however Allah wishes.” From Usool us-Sunnah of Imaam Ahmad

Imaam Ahmad said, “Punishment of the grave is true. No-one denies it except one who is misguided and astray and leading others astray.” Reported by Ibn Abee Ya’laa in Tabaqaatul-Hanaabilah - 1/174

19: To have Faith in the Pool (Hawd) of Allah's Messenger

To have Faith in the Pool (Hawd) of Allah's Messenger. Every Prophet has a Pool, except Saalih (alaihis-salaam) because his Pool was the udder of his she-camel

NOTES

1. The explainer of at-Tahaawiyyah said, “The ahaadeeth reported about the Pool reach the level of mutawaatir, being reported by more than thirty Companions

Anas ibn Maalik (radiallaahu anhu) reports that Allah’s Messenger said, “The size of my Pool is like what is between Jerusalem and San’aa in Yemen and it has drinking cups like the number of stars in the sky.” Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 8/380/no.582), Ahmad and at-Tirmidhee.

Samurah reports that Allah’s Messenger said, “There will be a Pool for every Prophet. They vie with regards to who has the greater number of people coming to it. I hope from Allah that I will have the greater number.” Reported by at-Tirmidhee and others. Shaikh al-Albaanee declared it saheeh in as-Saheehah - no.1589

As regards the exception quoted for Saalih (alaihis salaam), the narrations about that are not authentic

20: To have Faith in the Intercession of Allah’s Messenger

To have Faith in the Intercession (Shafaa'ah) of Allah's Messenger on the Day of Resurrection for those guilty of sins, those upon the bridge and to cause them to come out from within the Fire. There is intercession for every Prophet, likewise for their eminently truthful and sincere followers, the martyrs and the pious. After that, Allah bestows His grace abundantly upon those whom He pleases and people are taken out of the Fire, after having been burnt and reduced to charcoal-1

NOTES

The long hadeeth of the Intercession is reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans., vol. 6, no. 236) and Muslim - Eng. trans., vol. 1, pp.122-135

Concerning the types of intercession, Shaikh Abdul-Azeez ibn
(rahimahullaah) says, in his notes on al-Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah (p.73), ''The different intercessions that will occur on the Day of Resurrection are six and are well-known from the Sharee'ah proofs. From them, three are particular to the Prophet. The six types are

1)
The Major Intercession, which is for judgement to commence for those gathered for it; 2) Intercession for the People of Paradise to enter it; 3) His intercession for the punishment to be lightened for his uncle, Abu Taalib, so that he is placed in a shallow part of Hell-Fire. This form of intercession is particular to the Prophet for his uncle Abu Taalib. As for other disbelievers, there is no intercession for them. He, the Most High, said

So no intercession of intercessors will be of any use to them. Soorah al-Mudathir (74): 48

4) Intercession for some of those who deserve the Fire not to enter it; 5) Intercession for those who enter the Fire to come out of it; 6) His intercession for the raising of the ranks of the people of Paradise. This last intercession is general for the Prophet and other Prophets, the righteous, the angels and for Muslim children who died whilst they were young

All of these are only for the people who were upon Tawheed. As regards the sinful from the people of Tawheed who enter the Fire, they will not remain in it, but will be brought out after being purified. It is established in the Saheeh from the Prophet that the sinful will die in it, and then they will be brought out like charcoal. Then, they will sprout (in Paradise) like shoots upon a riverbank

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 25-04-2011 at 12:14PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 26-04-2011, 08:57PM

21: To have Faith in the Bridge over Hell

To have Faith in the Bridge over Hell. The Bridge seizes whomever Allah pleases, allows passage to whomever Allah pleases and causes whomever Allah pleases to fall into Hell. The people are preceded by light according to their level of Faith - 1

NOTES

1. Allah, the Most High, says

There is none of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is, with your Lord, a decree which must be accomplished; but we shall save those who used to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him and We shall leave the wrongdoers therein, (humbled) to their knees. Soorah Maryam (19): 71-72

22: To have Faith in the Prophets and Angels

To have Faith in the Prophets and the Angels

NOTES

1. Allah, the Most High, says

The Messenger believes in what has been revealed to Him from His Lord, as do the believers. Each (one of them) believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. (They say): We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers. Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 285

23: To have Faith that Paradise and the Fire are true and both are already created

To have Faith that Paradise is true and real and that the Fire is true and real and that both are already created [1]. Paradise is in the seventh Heaven. Its ceiling is the Throne. The Fire is beneath the seventh and lowest earth. They are both created. Allah, the Most High, knew the number of inhabitants of Paradise and those who would enter it and the number of those who are the inhabitants of the Fire and those who would enter it. Neither of them will ever end; they will both last along with Allah forever and ever

NOTES

1. The hadeeth of the Israa and Mi'raaj shows the present existence of Paradise and the Fire. It occurs in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans., vol.5, no.227) and Saheeh Muslim (Eng. trans., vol.1, and no.309-322). Raf'ul-Astaar by al-Ameer as-San'aanee is an excellent book, being a reply to those who claim that the Fire will eventually come to an end

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 26-04-2011 at 09:07PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2011, 07:32PM

24: Adam (alaihis salaam) was in Paradise, but was removed from it after disobeying Allah

Adam (alaihis salaam) was present in the everlasting and created Paradise, but was removed from it after disobeying Allah, the Mighty and Majestic

25: To have Faith in al-Maseehud-Dajjaal

To have Faith in al-Maseehud-Dajjaal [1

NOTES

1. From the many ahaadeeth about the Dajjaal is what al-Bukhaaree reports in his Saheeh (Eng. trans., vol.9, no.245) from Anas (radiallaahu anhu), that the Prophet said, “No Prophet was sent except that he warned his nation about the one-eyed liar (i.e. Dajjaal). Beware! He is blind in one eye, whereas your Lord is not so. There will be written between his (Dajjaal’s) eyes: ‘Kaafir

26: To have Faith in the descent of 'Eesaa (alaihis salaam)

To have Faith in the descent of 'Eesaa (alaihis salaam), the son of Maryam. He will descend, kill Dajjaal, marry and pray behind the leader of the Muslims, who is from the family of Muhammad, and he will die and be buried by the Muslims [1

NOTES

1. All of this is established in authentic ahaadeeth and many of these are quoted by al-Haafidh ibn Katheer in his tafseer of verse 159 of Soorah an-Nisaa’. Refer also to Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans., vol.4, nos. 657, 658) and Saheeh Muslim (Eng. trans., vol.4, nos. 6924, 7023

27: Eemaan (Faith) comprises of speech, action and beliefs and it increases and decreases

To have Faith that Eemaan (Faith) comprises of speech, action and beliefs. It increases and decreases. It increases as Allah wills and may decrease to the extent that nothing remains of it [1

NOTES

1. Al-Laalikaa’ee reports, in Sharh Usool I’tiqaad Ahlis-Sunnah (5/958/no.1737), that ‘Abd ar-Razzaaq (as-San’aanee) said, “I met seventy Shaikhs, from amongst them are Ma’mar, al-Awzaa’ee, ath-Thawree, al-Waleed ibn Muhammad al-Quraashee, Yazeed ibn as-Saa’ib, Hammaad ibn Salamah, Hammaad ibn Zayd, Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyainah, Shu’ayb ibn Harb, Wakee’ ibn al-Jarrah, Maalik ibn Anas, Ibn Abee Laylaa, Isma’eel ibn ‘Ayyaash, al-Waleed ibn Muslim and those I have not named, all of them saying: Faith is saying and action, it increases and decreases

‘Abdullah ibn Ahmad reports in as-Sunnah (no.612): My father narrated to me: Abu Salamah al-Khuzaa’ee related to us, saying, “Maalik, Shareek, Abu Bakr ibn ‘Ayyaash, ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Abee Salamah, Hammaad ibn Salamah and Hammaad ibn Zayd said, ‘Faith is conviction, declaration and action

Al-Laalikaa’ee reports (5/959/no.1740) that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Alqamah said: I asked al-Awzaa’ee about Faith; can it increase? He said, “Yes, until it becomes like the mountains.” I said, ‘Can it decrease?’ He said, “Yes, even until nothing remains of it

Amongst the verses quoted by the scholars as proof for the fact that faith increases are: Aayah 173 of Soorah Aali-‘Imraan, Aayah 4 of Soorah al-Fath and Aayah 124 of Soorah at-Tawbah

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 28-11-2011, 09:10PM

28: The best of the Companions of Allah's Messenger

The best of this Ummah, after the passing away of its Prophet, is Abu Bakr, and then ‘Umar, and then ‘Uthmaan. This is what is reported to us from Ibn ‘Umar, who said, “We used to say, whilst Allah’s Messenger was amongst us, ‘The best of people after the Messenger of Allah is Abu Bakr, then ‘Umar, then’Uthmaan.’ The Prophet would hear of that and not criticise it.”[1] Then the best of people after them are ‘Alee, Talhah, az-Zubayr, Sa’d ibn Abee Waqqaas, Sa’eed ibn Zayd, ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf and Abu ‘Ubaidah ‘Aamir ibn al-Jarrah. All of them were suitable to be Khaleefah. Then the best of people after them are the (rest of the) Companions of the Messenger of Allah, the first generation amongst whom he was sent, the first Muhaajirs and Ansaar, those who prayed towards both qiblahs, then the best of people after them are those who accompanied the Messenger of Allah for a day, a month, a year or less or more than that. We ask Allah to have mercy upon them. We mention their virtues and remain silent about any mistakes they made and we do not speak about a single one of them except favourably, as the Messenger of Allah said, “When my Companions are mentioned then withhold,” [2] Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyainah [3] said, “He who speaks a single word against the Companions of Allah’s Messenger is an innovator.” [4

NOTES

1. This is reported by al-Bukhaaree (5/6/no.7), Ahmad in Fadaailus-Sahaabah (no.570) and as-Sunnah of ‘Abdullah ibn Ahmad- pp.574-578

2. Saheeh: reported by at-Tabaraanee from Ibn Mas’ood, from the Prophet. See Silsilatul-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah (no.34) of Shaikh al-Albaanee

3. Shaikhul-Islaam, Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyainah was a Taabi’ut-Taabi’een. He was born in 107H, in Makkah and died in 198H

4. In the printed edition, after the saying of Sufyaan, there occurs: The Prophet said, “My Companions are like the stars; whichever of them you follow, you will be guided.” This narration is a fabrication. Refer to Silsilatul-Ahaadeeth ad-Da’eefah (no.58) and The Prophet’s Prayer Described, by Shaikh al-Albaanee - pp.94-96

29: To obey the rulers in that which Allah loves and is pleased with

To hear and obey the rulers in that which Allah loves and is pleased with. Whoever becomes Khaleefah through the consensus of the people and their being pleased with him, he is the ‘Chief of the Believers’ (Ameerul-Mu’mineen

30 : It is not permissible to spend a night thinking that one has no Imaam

It is, therefore, not permissible for anyone to spend a single night thinking that he has no Imaam over him, whether he (the Imaam) be righteous or wicked

: The prayer is performed behind the rulers and Hajj and Jihaad are carried out with them

The Hajj and Jihaad are to be carried out under his leadership. Jumu’ah prayer behind them (i.e. the wicked rulers)
[1] is allowed and, after it, six rak’ahs should be prayed, splitting it into sets of two rak’ahs. This is the saying of Ahmad ibn Hanbal [2

NOTES

1. ‘Ubaydullaah ibn ‘Adiyy ibn Khiyaar reports: I went to ‘Uthmaan (radiallaahu anhu), whilst he was being besieged and I said to him: You are the ruler of the Muslims in general and you see what has befallen you. We are being led in prayer by a leader of insurrection and we are afraid of being sinful. So ‘Uthmaan said, “The prayer is the best of actions which people do so, when the people do good deeds, do good along with them. When they do evil, avoid their evil.” Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 1/376/ch.56)

2- Abdullaah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal reports in his Masaail (no.446): I asked my father how many (rak’ahs) should I pray after Jumu’ah. He said,
“If you wish, pray four (rak’ahs) or, if you wish, pray six rak’ahs, in twos; that is what I prefer, but, if you pray four, there is no harm.” Abu Dawood reports in his Masaail (p.59): I heard Ahmad say, “(Regarding) prayer after Jumu’ah, if one prays four, good. If one prays two, good, and if one prays six, good

Last edited Done By Umm Mohammad ; 28-11-2011 at 09:39PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 02-12-2011, 12:52PM
Omm AL-Homayra'a Omm AL-Homayra'a غير متواجد حالياً
مشرفة - وفقها الله -

Registration Date: Jan 2010
افتراضي

baraka Allah feekum Sis Umm Muhammad and may Allah have mercy on the translator Bro. Abu Talha
« العلم شيء بعيد المرام، Not يُصاد بالسهام، وNot يُقسم بالأزNotم، وNot يُرى في الFromام، وNot يُضبط باللجام، وNot يُكتب للثام، وNot يورث عن الآباء والأعمام وزرع Not يزكو إNot متى صادف From الحزم ثرى طيبا، وFrom التوفيق مطرا صيبا، وFrom الطبع جوا صافيا، وFrom الجهد روحا دائما، وFrom الصبر سقيا نافعا وغرض Not يصاب إNot بافتراش المدر، واستناد الحجر، وردّ الضجر، وركوب الخطر، وإدمان السهر، واصطحاب السفر، وكثرة النظر، وإعمال الفكر»

[«جواهر الأدب» للهاشمي (194)]

رد مع اقتباس
Post رد