المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Saying "Knock on Wood"

Umm Mohammad
20-02-2011, 02:46PM
By Abdul Azeez bin Baz 1420H (may Allah have mercy on him)

The Verdict on knocking on wood for protection against envy.

A brother named 'Amr from Damascus wrote a letter asking about knocking on wood. He wrote," When mentioning a blessing or favor Allah has bestowed on a brother or a friend some people knock on wood out of fear from the envious. And sometimes they request other people to do it by saying, "Knock on Wood". What is the verdict on this action? May Allah reward you abundantly."

As-Shaykh Bin Baz (may Allah rest him in Jannah) responded saying: this act is forbidden and contains corrupt belief. It is impermissible to knock on wood for protection against the envious. The act legislated in Islam for the person who obtained Allah's favour or a smooth progress is thanking and praising Allah. Additionally, the person must ask Allah for all His blessings and His help in being thankful. This deed is found in the verses;

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."[Ibrahim 7]

Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying, etc.). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.

To read the above question in Arabic, please go to http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/2045

[B]*************************

Note: - Some say phrases like "Touch Wood" and then they touch anything made of wood. In case they can't find wood, they touch their head!!!

May Allaah keep the Muslims safe from shirk and bidaah. Ameen